DsDriver attribute publishing

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 6 03:31:00 GMT 2002

So for the remainder of the publishing info, we have to execute win32 code.
I don't see a real way around it.  What I've checked in so far covers
pretty much all of the DsSpooler stuff that win2k would normally fill in.

To get things like bin names and paper sizes, we can't really rely on a
DEVMODE being set, because that only represents one configuration, not the
complete set (unless I'm totally misunderstanding the DEVMODE, which is
possible).  What I'm proposing is a small win32 app like the attached one
that takes a printer UNC name and writes back the DsDriver key values, then
tells the server to publish it (via setprinter info level 7).

This example just sets the printBinNames value, but it does work correctly.

(See attached file: prtinfo.c)

Whaddaya think?

----------------------------
Jim McDonough