Win2K sp3 and Samba 3.0: status?

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Thu Dec 5 21:50:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

When I try to join a Win2K SP3 server to a Samba 3.0alpha21-controlled NT
domain, I get the error 'The parameter is incorrect'.  I understand that
SP3 is known to suffer problems not present with SP2, and the usual
suggestion seems to be to set 'use spnego = no' in smb.conf.  However,
this setting does not appear to have any effect, and attempting to join
the domain gives the same error message.

Does anyone have any insights into the status of SP3 compatibility in
Samba?  Would network traces or log files be of use to anyone?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer