3.0 requires an admin account to join samba to a domain?

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
Thu Dec 5 16:40:47 GMT 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:24:17AM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
>
> > Oh, it's being changed now, by me. I recently renamed the file and put
> > another trust-related function there. I'm also going to rename the
> > just_change_the_password() and (possibly) give it more general shape to
> > use it with domain trusts, as well. In summary: I'm working there, right
> > now :) ... and agree -- the names have been horrible, so far.
>
> It would be nice to settle on function names and change them as little as
> possible since people get used to grepping for certain strings to locate
> functionality.

Maybe. I don't know yet how far it is possible. Perhaps putting "former xyz()
function" in comments could be of some help for grepping the code ?
I don't assume, I'll change the function names, for sure. It's just that
they're quite specific.

> And why did I get 4 copies of this mail?  I understand why I got 2,
> but 4?

Huh ? That's a surprise. AFAIR it was addressed to you, Jim and
the mailing list.

--
cheers,