3.0 requires an admin account to join samba to a domain?

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
Thu Dec 5 11:26:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 06:38:49PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
>
> > > I found it.  Who came up with the function names?  They're horrible!
> >
> > Originally it was an attempt to follow underlying mechanism name.
> > As 'net' gets general and therefore complicated tool, we getting farther
> > from this intend. Perhaps synonyms could help, but only for a while. After
> > that it would be a straight way to horrible mess.
> >
> > Maybe it's time to start 'net search key=<...>' ? ;-)
>
> I meant things like just_change_the_password()

Oh, it's being changed now, by me. I recently renamed the file and put
another trust-related function there. I'm also going to rename the
just_change_the_password() and (possibly) give it more general shape
to use it with domain trusts, as well.
In summary: I'm working there, right now :) ... and agree -- the names
have been horrible, so far.

--
cheers,