NetBSD STAT_ST_BLOCKSIZE prob

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Wed Dec 4 19:18:01 GMT 2002

STAT_ST_BLOCKSIZE should not depend on the filesystem blocksize.
Look at the man page for stat(2) and see how st_blocks is
defined. That is the number that needs to be used for STAT_ST_BLOCKSIZE

Patrick Welche wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 06:51:25PM +0000, jra at dp.samba.org wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:48:43PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> >
> > > (Why isn't STAT_ST_BLOCKSIZE defined in configure.in for netbsd?)
> >
> > There is no specific configure section for netbsd. Care to write one ?
>
> I just had a look and got worried: what happens if I make some strange
> filesystem where blocksize isn't 512, stat.st_blksize should contain the
> correct value, and presumably samba will work. If I make a configure
> section which defines STAT_ST_BLOCKSIZE 512, presumably samba would then
> not work in that strange case?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D