VFS_recycle config in Samba 3.0alpha21-1

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Wed Dec 4 06:18:01 GMT 2002

At 16:45 04.12.2002 +1100, c.maxwell at a-r-m.com.au wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>I've been running this on a production network for just under a week
>now, since I had huge problems getting 2.2.7 to accept new workstations
>in the domain.. Anyway
>
>I can't seem to find any documentations on how to set up the vfs_recycle
>module, as it completely ignores the "vfs options=/etc/samba....."
>option.

[testshare]
         path= /tmp
        vfs object = /usr/lib/samba/recycle.so
         vfs_recycle_bin:noversions =
         vfs_recycle_bin:exclude_dir =
         vfs_recycle_bin:exclude = Testdir.tmp
         vfs_recycle_bin:maxsize = 0
         vfs_recycle_bin:touch = no
         vfs_recycle_bin:versions = yes
         vfs_recycle_bin:keeptree = yes
         vfs_recycle_bin:repository = %u/.recycle

>I gather from the source that it uses parametric options.
>
>How do I configur parametric options??
>
>vfs_recycle.c tells me the names of the values it is looking for, but I
>don't know what to put in smb.conf.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Cameron Maxwell.
>

>BTW: Samba 3 is very very nice so far, the smbgroupedit command makes my
>life just that much easier :-)

metze