Printer defaults (duplex, tray) missing in Samba 2.2.7

Claus Svarer csvarer at nru.dk
Tue Dec 3 17:51:01 GMT 2002

Hi

I allow myself to send this mail to the samba-technical mailing list,
while the responses I got on the mail I a week ago sent to the
samba mailinglist says that it is a problem many administrators have
seen with the new Samba 2.2.7 release.

I just upgraded to the new version of Samba 2.2.7 a week ago and
everything works finey including uploading of printer drivers to the
Samba server and setting the printer defaults (Paper Size, Dublex units,
extra Trays, Extra memory). I do this from a printer admin account on
a Windows 2000 client. When I install the printer on another Windows
2000 client as printer administrator this computer also knows about the
printer driver and defaults.

Unfortunately, this is not the case for a none administrator account.
Installing and recognizing the printer driver gives no problems but
all the printer defaults are lost. This is very annoying while you are
are not able to set these defaults from a none printer admin account.
If someone can give me a clue of how to correct this problem I will be
very happy.