Serious Winbind packaging bug in 2.2.7 binaries
matt at aclaro.com
Tue Dec 3 16:34:00 GMT 2002
I just spent a few hours diagnosing a problem with 2.2.7 on Redhat 7.3
that turned out to be (what I believe) is a packaging bug.
The symbolic link from libnss_winbind.so to libnss_winbind.so.2 is
missing. This made nsswitch unable to enumerate windows users, and as
such, disabled use of my samba server for everyone logging in. I should
have picked up on this when getent passwd failed to show the domain
users, but I ended up looking at everything else instead.
I think it is probably just a problem with the RPM script. Here is the
RPM dumped output:
[root at og tmp]# rpm -q -p samba-2.2.7-1.i386.rpm --list -v | grep "libnss"
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16664 Nov 19 14:34
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 646659 Nov 19 14:34
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14 Nov 19 14:34
/lib/libnss_wins.so.2 -> libnss_wins.so
More information about the samba-technical