mangling char ignored in mangle_hash2.c ...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Aug 31 20:35:01 GMT 2002

Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Having looked at mangle_hash2, it is clear that the mangling char is hard
> coded. I am sure this is not intended.
>
> Should I fix it?

While tridge would be a much better one to comment, I will say this:

The new mangling scheme was designed to be very fast, and not
particulary flexible.  In fact, it could be argued that the inflexibilty
is a feature - becouse changes to the mangling scheme actually have some
nasty consequenses.  (8.3 names are stored by some applications etc,
hence why we have not moved to hash2 in 2.2 by default)

Andrew Bartlet

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net