Prompt for Username and Pass Problem

Zarak vectorv2 at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 31 13:35:59 GMT 2002

The problem that I am having is that if you connect to the SMB Server
under one username, the Server (or windows machine) assumes you are
going to logon with that user. (EX. Logon as root from windows machine,
then try to logon using a different username from the same windows
machine)

I was wondering if there was a way for the Samba Server to prompt for a
username and password every time the windows machine connects to the
computer after the windows machine closes all connections to the SMB
Server.

Any help would be appreciated as I am new to Samba and Linux.