Converting new docs

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Aug 27 16:15:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

I did some work on the samba docs at SFO airport, on the flight
back home and some earlier stuff I did during the plugfest and back
home.. :

- Combined some text docs and wrote "Portability.sgml" for the HOWTO
  Collection - Info on platform specific issues when compiling samba
- Combined some text docs and wrote "Clients.sgml" for the HOWTO
  Collection - Info on how to use configure samba when using it with
  various clients. Put in OS2-Client-HOWTO as well.
- Converted GROUP-MAPPING-HOWTO to sgml
- Converted ADS-HOWTO to sgml
- Converted some more developer docs and created samba/docbook/devdoc
- Wrote up a HOWTO that includes setting up some small things (DHCP,
  faxing)

All this makes all the text docs except for PROFILES.txt and
README.jis (which is in some East-Asian language) obsolete!

Shouldn't we delete all those README.NOW files? They're there for
quite some time now so people should've noticed...

Is there any specific reason the docs are GPL'ed and not Copylefted?
I don't care, just wondering :-)

I'm still working on the net.5 manpage but net is huuuge... :-/

Does anyone have objections against me commiting these things? :-)

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij                                      http://samba.org/~jelmer/
Samba Team                                           http://www.samba.org/