[jcifs] Re: Win2K: Primary Domain Fld of Ssn Setup Not Proper ly Zero Term'd

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Tue Aug 27 09:57:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 11:13:10AM +0930, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > > BTW, did you see that the Extreme Blue team announced at CIFS2002 that
> > > they had implemented shared libraries for external RPC services in smbd?
> > > That is, /pipe/FUTZ goes to an appropriate shared library?

technically, the pipe split was at the RPC PDU layer.  not arbitrary
support for loading a named pipe module.  We still have a hard coded
path for supported pipe names.  It was just the RPC functions that got
split out.  This is good from a SQA perspective but maybe not so much
for supporting other named pipes (that will come later).

cheers, jerry