[jcifs] Re: Win2K: Primary Domain Fld of Ssn Setup Not Proper ly Zero Term'd

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Aug 27 07:26:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 11:13:10AM +0930, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > BTW, did you see that the Extreme Blue team announced at CIFS2002 that
> > they had implemented shared libraries for external RPC services in smbd?
> > That is, /pipe/FUTZ goes to an appropriate shared library?
>
>  yes.
>
>  i'd heard about this.
>
>  the LTC put some interns onto it for the summer, to duplicate work
>  i've already done and had in samba tng for over two years now.

This deserves further comment, because it demeans the fine detective work
that the Extreme Blue team did in figuring out the details of the new RPCs
and how to set up OpenLDAP so Samba can function as an AD Domain
Controller.

I do not believe that TNG can do the job that the Extreme Blue team has
managed to get Samba to do.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,