name_type values in struct nmb_name

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Tue Aug 27 06:54:44 GMT 2002

Hi there.
Comments below:

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 09:14:11AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Tom Alsberg wrote:
> > <snip />
> > What are those types? I mean, what valid values can the name_type
> > field have, and what are their meanings? Is there some table of the
> > possible values / name types somewhere? Or are they defined in some
> > enum or struct (which I could not seem to find) - then where?
>
> Resource byte (e.g. 0x20 - server resource point, 0x1b - domain
> master browser, 0x1c - logon server, etc...)

Yes, I know that... But, those are not the only types, and I don't
understand them fully (e.g. what exactly is a server resource
point?). Is there somewhere a list of all the possible values (Name
types (name_type)) and their meaning?.

Perhaps some explanations on those types would also be good...

> cheers, jerry

  Thanks,
  -- Tom

--