Possible bug?

Craig Packard c0de3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 07:32:00 GMT 2002

Hello all,

  I'm using the smbclient program to connect to a
share on a local/member win2k pro system of a win2k
domain.  I've done the following:

Create user:test pass:testtest
login: works

Create user:123456 Pass:123456
login: fails

I've tried this on three different systems so far and
it appears that a username that is all numeric will
not be able to login?  Can anyone else confirm this?

I've tripple checked all domain policies and see
nothing there.  The event log just shows the failed
login attempt with a event id 529 and login type 3.
I've double checked that access this computer from the
network is set correctly.

I can't think of anything else.  Like I said the same
steps with a alpha username work.  Also if I use the
NET USE command from a Win2k box it works even with
the numeric username.

  - Craig