(no subject)

A Kulu kulu at engineer.com
Fri Aug 23 22:40:00 GMT 2002

Hi folks,
 I have the following queries.
 1. I was looking at w2K - w2k traces. The tree connect And X
    always happens only for a validated user. This implies that
    a user should have done a SS&X before t con X.
    Does samba follow the same philosophy or is it an implementation
    feature( ? :) )  of the w2k redirector ?
    Can I have a connected tree and no user logged on ?

 2. I have also observed that a tree disconnect always happens
    before a logoff . What happens to any other trees that
    have been mounted by that user ?
    Is it that all the trees that have been mounted by the user
    will be unmounted before the client actually sends a user
    logoff ?
    Or can other users continue to use the mounted trees even after
    a user has logged off ?

   Thanks and Regards,
   Kulu.