Samba 2.2.5 on AIX in a W2K environment

Mr. Schuft schuft_ at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 04:49:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I discovered a problem with samba 2.2.3a and 2.2.5 on AIX 4.3.3 in a W2K
environment.
When an user logs on to windows first time everything is ok - if he logs out
an in again, samba asks for a password (allthough we are using a password
server). Sometimes connections are dropped afer a couple of days (bad for
services using them). All I can find within the logs is this entry:

[2002/08/23 13:52:58, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(499)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Broken pipe

We have a W2K Password-Server and W2K clients.
Samba V 2.2.5 runs on an AIX box with AIX 4.3.3.75

If you need more information, please tell me - if you can already help me
... simply great.

Thanks