WINS proxy

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Wed Aug 21 12:26:00 GMT 2002

On 21 Aug 2002 at 16:07, David Collier-Brown wrote:

> 	Only if they get their IP addresses from a windows-
> 	compatable DHCP server can they get wins server
> 	adresses automatically.

A 'windows-compatible DHCP server' could be the DHCP Server form the
Internet Software Consortium (http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP)
running on a unix box.

We use this since years serving all kinds of MS clients, from old 486
boxes still running DOS up to laptops running XP. Never had problems.

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Flosswoerthstrasse 41       e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany