WINS proxy

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed Aug 21 08:45:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 13:06, Alex Torkhov wrote:
> [...]
If you can't access the clients
then you can't do anything to help them resolve each other's names.

If you can't access the clients then this is not your problem anyway -
forget about it or tell the administrator of the clients to configure
them to talk to your WINS server.

> > why would you change your domain master browser very often?
> DMB poweroff - no more DMB.
The Domain master browser is not a workstation - it should not be turned
off very often.
> I cannot do my Samba my DMB - there are many workgroups.
I've not tried it myself but I think samba's WINS server can handle many
workgroups. - but this is irrelevant if you can't use wins

good luck

brad