Another showstopper in 2.2.5

Fredrik Ohrn ohrn at chl.chalmers.se
Wed Aug 21 08:43:20 GMT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Richard Bollinger wrote:

> I looked around to see where all of the signal handling code is / should be...
>
> lib/signal.c has most of the good stuff... BUT there are calls to sigaction also in
> smbd/notify_kernel.c and smbd/oplock_linux.c which look suspicious.
>
> I can't reproduce the problem myself, but it looks as though there should be a call to
> ZERO_STRUCT(act) inserted in both kernel_notify_init() and in linux_init_kernel_oplocks(), because
> the structure element sa_mask is left undefined in both cases... thus making it possible for _any_
> signal to occur inside signal handlers being installed in those places.
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> Rich Bollinger, Elliott Company

OK, I've tried it out and it didn't help.

I removed my BlockSignals stuff and added ZERO_STRUCT(act) instead, now
the smbd dies on SIGPIPE just as before.

/Fredrik

--
   "It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
   the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
ohrn at chl.chalmers.se                                                  Sweden