WINS proxy

Alex Torkhov torkhov at newmail.ru
Wed Aug 21 06:47:01 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <abartlet at dp.samba.org>
To: Alex Torkhov <torkhov at newmail.ru>
Cc: <crh at ubiqx.mn.org>; <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: WINS proxy

> What you need is to specify the WINS server in DHCP - that will get them
all
> registered in WINS automaticly.  If they are static hosts, then you can
list
> them either as static WINS entries (manually) or as DNS entries and set
'dns
> proxy' to handle it.

Do you mean add them to lmhosts?

Ok, this may be will work, but:
1. Clients sometimes changes their name (and workgroup)
2. What I should do with LMB, DMB? - it is changed VERY often,
because clients are often do poweroff, reset. - and Samba cannot be LMB for
all of workgroups.

So I need every 5 minutes correct my lmhosts file.
May be it can do with some tool?
Do you know any?

Alex.