Another showstopper in 2.2.5

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at attbi.com
Wed Aug 21 03:59:01 GMT 2002

I looked around to see where all of the signal handling code is / should be...

lib/signal.c has most of the good stuff... BUT there are calls to sigaction also in
smbd/notify_kernel.c and smbd/oplock_linux.c which look suspicious.

I can't reproduce the problem myself, but it looks as though there should be a call to
ZERO_STRUCT(act) inserted in both kernel_notify_init() and in linux_init_kernel_oplocks(), because
the structure element sa_mask is left undefined in both cases... thus making it possible for _any_
signal to occur inside signal handlers being installed in those places.

What do you guys think?

Rich Bollinger, Elliott Company