Another showstopper in 2.2.5

Fredrik Ohrn ohrn at chl.chalmers.se
Tue Aug 20 22:06:18 GMT 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 jra at dp.samba.org wrote:

> smbd should never get a SIGPIPE.
>
> Look at this fragment of code from smbd/server.c :
>
>         fault_setup((void (*)(void *))exit_server);
>         CatchSignal(SIGTERM , SIGNAL_CAST sig_term);
>         CatchSignal(SIGHUP,SIGNAL_CAST sig_hup);
>
>         /* we are never interested in SIGPIPE */
>         BlockSignals(True,SIGPIPE);
>

> We ignore SIGPIPE at server startup, it was added about 10 years ago :-).
>
> Can you give more details about getting SIGPIPE in smbd ? What platform,
> etc.

I see this on 2 boxes, one running Mandrake 8.2 and the other RedHat 7.3

It happens on both the included 'distro' kernels and on a plain 2.4.19
kernel.

The glibc is glibc-2.2.4-25mdk.rpm on mandrake and glibc-2.2.5-36.rpm on
RedHat.

/Fredrik

--
   "It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
   the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
ohrn at chl.chalmers.se                                                  Sweden