Undocumented smb.conf

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Aug 19 15:48:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Thomas Reifferscheid wrote:
>
> > There is an undocumented feature in Samba_2_2, too.
> > rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c, function static BOOL
> > add_printer_hook(NT_PRINTER_INFO_LEVEL *printer),
> > line 4880:
> >
> > /* Set the portname to what the script says the portname should be. */
> >
> > You could probably add some notes to "add printer command",
> > that a custom addprinter-script
> > should/can return the printer port, e.g. "Samba Printer Port".
>
> This is documented. "addprinter command" "enumports command", etc...

OK.  Time to eat crow.  I have been correctd on this one.  You think I
would know better.  Here's the source.  Thanks to Thomas for correcting.
We will update the docs. :-)

if(numlines) {
        /* Set the portname to what the script says the portname
           should be. */
        strncpy(printer->info_2->portname, qlines[0],
                sizeof(printer->info_2->portname));
        DEBUGADD(6,("Line[0] = [%s]\n", qlines[0]));

        /* Send SIGHUP to process group... is there a better way? */
        kill(0, SIGHUP);
        add_all_printers();
}

cheers, jerry