Undocumented smb.conf

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Mon Aug 19 08:54:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 09:55, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done some work trying to figure out what smb.conf options in HEAD
> are currently not documented. Here they are:
>
> add group script
> add user to group script
> admin log
> ads server
> alternate permissions
> block size
> delete group script
> delete user from group script
> display charset

> hide unwriteable
ok this one is the same as hide unreadable, but hides files you cannot
write to. As always it only hides them so if you know the name you will
be able to access them.

> hostname lookups

> mangling method
This one make you able to select which mangling method is available
Currently we have 'hash' and 'hash2'
'hash' is the old samba 2.2 compatible mangling algorithm
'hash2' (the default) is the new much better mangling algorithm

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399