Undocumented smb.conf

Thomas Reifferscheid reiffer at kph.uni-mainz.de
Mon Aug 19 00:00:02 GMT 2002

There is an undocumented feature in Samba_2_2, too.
rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c, function static BOOL
add_printer_hook(NT_PRINTER_INFO_LEVEL *printer),
line 4880:

/* Set the portname to what the script says the portname should be. */

You could probably add some notes to "add printer command",
that a custom addprinter-script
should/can return the printer port, e.g. "Samba Printer Port".

HTH
Thomas