Samba problems?

Eddie Lania e.lania at home.nl
Sun Aug 18 01:51:02 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org>
To: "Eddie Lania" <e.lania at home.nl>
Cc: <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Samba problems?

Regarding the problem below,

- I did everything I could:
- This morning download and compiled samba 3.0-alpha 19.
- Still having the same problems I tried the next options:

smbgroupedit -a eddie -td

- Doesn't help.

- next:
- created group "domusr:x:513:" in /etc/group
- copyed the group sid and added it with smbgroupedit:

smbgroupedit -c <SID> -u domusr -td

- Doesn't help either.

- Also. adding a windows user with smbpasswd -a doesn't work either:

[root at c733linux eddie]# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -a testuser
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
NO user RID specified on account testuser, cannot store!
ldapsam_add_sam_account: init_ldap_from_sam failed!
Failed to add entry for user testuser.
Failed to modify password entry for user testuser

- or an excisting unix user:

[root at c733linux help]# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -a nl1lkj
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
failed to modify/add user with uid = nl1lkj (dn =
uid=nl1lkj,"ou=Users","dc=techdream,dc=net") with: Invalid DN syntax
        invalid DN
Failed to add entry for user nl1lkj.
Failed to modify password entry for user nl1lkj

- What can I do now besides sitting back, relaxing, having a cup of coffee
and smoking a cigarette?

Eddie.