alternate form of tconX response

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 15 17:00:01 GMT 2002

Well some clients (e.g. the cifs vfs) would not be hurt by the wct=7
because the fields are at the end of the wct area and would be ignored, but
I would not rely on that in general.   The server really should check the
tconx flags to determine which to send.  The mechanism is simple - if in
the tconX request the client sets the tcon flags to 0x0008 it indicates its
desire for getting the mask (as Win2K and XP do) - so give it the extra 2
DWORDs in the response - otherwise don't.   Same thing on the NTCreateX
presumably - one of the multiple flag fields that the client sends on the
NTCreateX request will end up being what tells the server it wants the
extra fields in the response.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin