State of AD join to samba

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 12 11:50:01 GMT 2002

Ok, at this point, what's in HEAD matches what I've got here.  I've checked
in all my code so far, so y'all should be able to duplicate the ADS DC
stuff I've done.  I still don't get through a join, but get more details
correct than before.  You'll have no chance at this point of doing a
netbios-less ADS DC because a win client will expect to get a response via
MS's weird CLDAP that right now nmbd will take care of for you.  Lots of
folks have joined in giving me various bits of information, and I'd like to
thank y'all for it...and keep it coming.  We've got a long way to go here,
but good progress has been made.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center