Another showstopper in 2.2.5

Fredrik Ohrn ohrn at chl.chalmers.se
Mon Aug 12 06:00:02 GMT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, David Collier-Brown wrote:

> Fredrik Ohrn wrote:
>
> > Look mom! A new smbd process is now serving this user.
> >
> > There is no trace what so ever in the logfile on why the smbd died.
>

> 	Hmmn: could you set keepalive = 30, and see if
> 	samba cleans up and releases the locks held?
> 	I'm almost about to reccomend keepalive = 3600
> 	as a default...
>
> 	It's an option to clean up after clients which
> 	exploded, blue-screened or just started to flake.
> 	Alas, it tends to hide PC problems by working
> 	around them.

OK, I'll try 30 instead of the default 300. But I don't expect it to help,
in this case it seems that it's the smbd process that blows up, not the
client.

/Fredrik

--
   "It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
   the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
ohrn at chl.chalmers.se                                                  Sweden