Another showstopper in 2.2.5

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Aug 12 05:44:01 GMT 2002

Fredrik Ohrn wrote:

> Look mom! A new smbd process is now serving this user.
>
> There is no trace what so ever in the logfile on why the smbd died.

	Hmmn: could you set keepalive = 30, and see if
	samba cleans up and releases the locks held?
	I'm almost about to reccomend keepalive = 3600
	as a default...

	It's an option to clean up after clients which
	exploded, blue-screened or just started to flake.
	Alas, it tends to hide PC problems by working
	around them.

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com