oplock break errors in 2.2.6-pre1

Pascal pascal at vmfacility.fr
Wed Aug 7 07:44:01 GMT 2002

Le Mercredi 7 Août 2002 16:23, Olaf Frączyk a écrit :
> On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 15:55, Pascal wrote:
> > I have the same problems with all my samba servers, I think it appears in
> > the samba 2.2.x series (I ran 2.2.3a then 2.2.5). Was not noticed in
> > 2.0.7 for example.
>
> (...)
>
> > I have not found a way to reproduce at will the problem where office
> > document refuse to open (this is quite random).
>
> I see the same behaviour. It doesn't depend on files I want to open. It
> is more frequent if I open many excel documents in the same time (I
> select 20 from explorer and I open them at once).
> BTW., I have w2k clients and WinNT.
> The problem is ONLY with w2k.
> I testes W2k, w2k+SP2, office, office+SP1, office+SP2.
> The problem is in all above configurations.
> Windows NT works fine.
>
> > I think that users of samba should report more this kind of problem if we
> > want it to be examined by the team in priority.
>
> I have reported this several times, but got response only from other
> users, no developer was interested in. Now I have oplocks turned off.
>
> Regards,
>
> Olaf Fraczyk

This is exactly what I fear. Finding a bypass (oplock turned off) and not
enough customers confirming this problem will certainly put this problem on
the back of the bugs queue.

I encourage all customers having problems like that to declare it on the lists
so that we make the developpers realize it is a real samba killer problem !

Pascal