oplock break errors in 2.2.6-pre1

Olaf Frączyk olaf at cbk.poznan.pl
Wed Aug 7 07:23:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 15:55, Pascal wrote:
> I have the same problems with all my samba servers, I think it appears in the
> samba 2.2.x series (I ran 2.2.3a then 2.2.5). Was not noticed in 2.0.7 for
> example.
(...)
> I have not found a way to reproduce at will the problem where office document
> refuse to open (this is quite random).

I see the same behaviour. It doesn't depend on files I want to open. It
is more frequent if I open many excel documents in the same time (I
select 20 from explorer and I open them at once).
BTW., I have w2k clients and WinNT.
The problem is ONLY with w2k.
I testes W2k, w2k+SP2, office, office+SP1, office+SP2.
The problem is in all above configurations.
Windows NT works fine.

> I think that users of samba should report more this kind of problem if we want
> it to be examined by the team in priority.

I have reported this several times, but got response only from other
users, no developer was interested in. Now I have oplocks turned off.

Regards,

Olaf Fraczyk