SAMR x3e opcode in AD machine join

Anthony Liguori aliguor at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 5 09:40:02 GMT 2002

that's a new form of the samrConnect call. The only difference is the
added uint32. When I was playing with usrmgr.exe from a w2k machine I got
it too in my traces.

You're right.  I must have overlooked this parameter last night.  jmcd and
I actually discussed this parameter though last week.  One guess as to
what it might be is DomainControllerAddressType.  There are two
possibilities for this field: DS_INET_ADDRESS and DS_NETBIOS_ADDRESS that
are 1 and 2 respectively.  Which determines whether
DomainControllerAddress is in the format "\\NETBIOS" or
"\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"  Perhaps in the new form, 2 was extended to also
include dns names.  This would be consistant with the
DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_INFO structure used other places.

Anthony Liguori
IBM Extreme Blue / Active Blue Directory
aliguor at us.ibm.com
(512) 838-1208

Jean Francois Micouleau <Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr>
08/05/2002 10:54 AM