Variable MACHINE.SID

Pablo Alcaraz pabloa at laotraesquina.com.ar
Sun Aug 4 07:25:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I wish that a box can run alternatively 2 samba server configuration
(smb_a y smb_b).

For this I have 2 smb.conf files (smb.conf.a and smb.conf.b). When I
need smb_a I rename smb.conf.a => smb.conf and restart samba. The same
thing for smb_b.

The problem is that my configuration set 'server = domain' and one
configuration run ok inside of domain and the other does not run (samba
ask for manual login).

I suspect that the problem is MACHINE.SID. I think I need 2 different
MACHINE.SID files. Is that correct?

Can I use samba %L variable to indicate a differente MACHINE.SID?

Does the MACHINE.SID file dependent of the hardware of the server?

Regards.

Pablo