samba-3.0 cvs: joining the domain with win2000

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Aug 2 10:14:02 GMT 2002

i've just been messing with this for XP joining (maybe 2k is similar)

don't forget to turn of spnego and apply the signorseal fix to the
client
i also had problems with head trying to create machine accounts that
were already in the ldap db or trying to create them twice.

i spent a bit of time going through the logs at level 3 to get things
running.

I did not have to do the smbgroupedit thing
(though groups are not working for me at all at the moment)

brad