samba-3.0 cvs: joining the domain with win2000

grobe at gmx.net grobe at gmx.net
Fri Aug 2 09:39:01 GMT 2002

Hi!

I still don't get it... I just updated my cvs, recompiled... and I still
can't get my
machines join the domain. I have both add machine and add user script
defined, and
the machines which already are in the domain work.

Older versions of samba needed root in the "domain admins group". As this
parameter is gone... do I have to add root to the "Domain Admins"
windows-group?
E.g. smbgroupedit -c "Domain Admins" -u root?

Is there anyone outside able to join the samba-3-controlled domain with a
windows
2000 client?

Thank you, CU, Lars.

(BTW: it would be nice if you send a copy of your reply directly to my
email, as I
didn't get all the list's traffic in the last days, and always browsing the
online
archives is quite bad... ;-)

http://www.gmx.net