Win2K resetting connections. Is there a service pack?

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Fri Aug 2 01:51:02 GMT 2002

Seem the same logic tridge and abartlet found about authentication
against w2k.
Seem a childish way to avoid possible DoS oir something like that.
If you have not finished authentication and the same client issue a
second request, w2k drops the connection.
And if I remember correctly, this happens at the TCP/IP stack level not
even at the NetBIOS one.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399