Visual Studio 6 + Samba 2.2.5 misbehaves.

Fredrik Ohrn ohrn at chl.chalmers.se
Thu Aug 1 05:41:09 GMT 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> As a basic rule, setting 'deadtime' is a bad idea.  Is there any reason
> to set this paramater?

Once upon a time our servers got pretty bogged down during daytime,
deadtime and other quick fixes helped alleviate this.

With all the hardware upgrades we've done over the last year it might not
be necessary anymore, it has just stayed around in our configs out of
tradition.

I'll remove it and see what happens.

Regards,
Fredrik

--
   "It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of computers by
   the sense of accomplishment you get from getting them to work at all."

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
ohrn at chl.chalmers.se                                                  Sweden