2..2.4-pre Makefile inconsistencies - Fix enclosed

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at attbi.com
Tue Apr 30 10:01:02 GMT 2002

My changes didn't affect the ld command which does the linking (verified by running it both ways and
getting identical broken binary files) - hence the problem remains :-(.

There appear to be two ways to _really_ solve the problem...

1) create the .so files in the current directory rather than a subdirectory
        or
2) specify the soname with the correct option to ld, perhaps as was done for libsmbclient.so

Rich B