not able to get Samba 3.0alpha17 work with Win2k PDC using kerberos

P Ranjit Kumar ranjit at cup.hp.com
Wed Apr 24 11:40:02 GMT 2002

Hi

I am trying to get Samba 3.0 alpha 17 on my HP-UX box to talk to a Win2k PDC
using Kerberos.

I have compiled Samba with all necessary defines in config.h. My HP-UX
machine can work with the Win2K Kerberos Server. I can get the TGT by doing
a kinit. I verified it with klist.

"net join ads" command works fine. The problem is when I try to access a
share from Win2k machine, it always chooses NTLM_SSP.

Can anybody help me to make Win2K choose Kerberos for authentication?

Any pointers? Am I missing something here?

- Ranjit
HP CIFS Team.