SAMBA for IRIX

Devilbiss, Jennifer L. DevilbissJ at us-dayton.mail.saic.com
Mon Apr 22 12:17:02 GMT 2002

I compiled, linked, and installed Samba for IRIX 6.5.  When I do a smbclient
-L machinename I get the share lists but the following message:

smbclient -L machinename
added interface ip=0.0.0.0 bcast=0.0.0.0 nmask=255.255.255.255
Password:
Domain=[DAYTON] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.3a]
        Sharename      Type      Comment
list of shared names......

Also, a nmblookup gives the machinename as having an ip of 0.0.0.0.

However, the pc we have here can see the SG and all the directories/files
that I have shared like everything is working fine.  I can also do a
smbclient from the sun machine we have and see the share list.

Any clues as to why I get the 0.0.0.0?