Access and "Corrupt DB"

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Mon Apr 22 08:49:01 GMT 2002

I'm posting this again. Jeremy, this seems very bad.

We are running AIX 4.3.3 with 2.2.4-pre AND 5.1.0 with 2.2.4-pre.

The problem is when you reopen a table you just created, MS-Access hurls
and indicates the "Visual Basic application database is corrupt".

* This happens when you have the database on a Samba share.

* This does NOT happen when saved to the C: drive.

* MS-Office (2000 and XP) is served from a Samba share.

* Office-2000 *and* Office XP do it when the database is on a Samba share.

* The same error occurs on 2.2.3 and 2.2.3a.

* Samba 2.2.2 and earlier does *NOT* have the problem.

* There is a log at http://www.hvcc.edu:/~jojowil

If there is anything more I can provide, please let me know...I'd like to
see this fixed for 2.2.4 release.

We are still stuck on 2.2.2 because of this issue.

Thanks!

Bill