Network connection braking after a while

Carsten Fischer fischer at ddt-online.de
Sun Apr 21 12:09:01 GMT 2002

Hello Users, sorry for my bad english...
since a few month I'm trying to install Samba 2.2.0 on a Suse Linux 7.2 System.
Everything is working fine but the stability of the connection.
The Client (WinNT and Win2000) can see and use the shares but while usage the connection is reset.
The log of Samba says Connection reset by peer.
While copying some files the Win Explorer stops and says Network connection not reachable. I hope this description comes near to the German "Netzwerkpfad wurde nicht gefunden."
I've asked so many Newsgroups but none of them could help.
I've changed the Network-Adapter and the Cable, did a complete new Installation tryed smb.conf examples and many other configuration.
I don't know what I can do anymore.
At last I tryed to update Samba but everything went wrong, so I reinstalled the 2.2.0 Version. The installation instructions for Suse-update said to copy the files of source/bin (after make) to usr/bin and nmbd,smbd and swat to usr/sbin. After doing this, nothing was working, so I copied a backup of 2.2.0 back to these folders.
Can please anybody help me  ??
Tnx,
Cyberduck at ddt-online.de