Win98 not registering in browse base

LIBAULT David david.libault at inventel.fr
Fri Apr 19 08:31:04 GMT 2002

So, I tried to run smbd in the linux box.

To be able to browse the network with XP and Win2k I had to change the
security level to share... When in security level = user, it wouldn't work.

Now the problem is that a Win98 PC wouldn't appear in the browse.dat file...
It appears in the wins.dat file with the right name and IP address. And in
the network neighbourhood, from the Win98 PC I can see only the PCs
registered in the browse.dat file but not the Win98 PC itself...

Is there anything special to do to have Win98 PCs listed in the browse.dat
file ?

David.