IPv6 patch for Samba 2.2.3a is available

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann at litech.org
Thu Apr 18 07:27:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 11:33:50AM +0200, The DJ wrote:
> on 18-04-2002 07:05, Nathan Lutchansky at lutchann-sambatech at litech.org
> wrote:
>
> > I've finished patching Samba 2.2.3a to enable SMB connections over IPv6.
> > The patch is quite lengthy, almost 3000 lines, so I have not included it
> > here.  It may be retrieved from <http://v6web.litech.org/samba/>.
>
> 3000 lines of code in 49,5 hours time. Way to go Nathan. How much sleep did
> you allow yourself ;-)

Don't forget the 120 lines of documentation.  ;-)  But the whole thing
only took 25-30 hours so it's not like I'm sleep deprived.  Or rather, not
because of this project.  :-)

BTW, if there's anybody on the list with some free time that feels like
helping get IPv6 into Samba, I encourage them to pick up the patch and
test it with both --with-ipv6 and without.  It would be good to get a bit
of testing with this patch to see if there's any major problems I missed.
-Nathan

--
| Nathan Lutchansky | lutchann at litech.org |  Lithium Technologies  |