Samba 2.2.3a on Solaris 8

Wade Turland w.turland at uws.edu.au
Wed Apr 17 18:42:01 GMT 2002

Tridge found the (already noted) related bug on our system and conceded it
was a design flaw. Apparently each new smbd process that starts, does a
quick traversal of the tdb databases to clean out any stale entries, and on
Solaris, these are taking too long. Now when the client times out, it makes
another attempt, but the first attempt is still running so it bogs the
system down quickly. This was first found in the UK in 2.2.2 with
connections.tdb.

It sounds like Mark has our problem, with byte-range locking (brlock.tdb).
If you try the latest CVS it should be fixed.

Andrew said he would look at all the others too and fix them. Andy, maybe
you can help with printing.tdb otherwise keep checking the CVS.

Wade.

Andy Thomas has a copyright on recycled Internet traffic marked: >

--
|  Wade Turland                  | Locked Bag 1797             |