smbcacls & Win2K

David Crosta dcrosta at enigmadata.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 12:26:30 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have samba 2.2.3a installed on Solaris 7 and am using smbcacls to
access the ACL of a file created on a Win2K machine.
The file is located in a folder which is a CIFS share.
I can modify an existing ACE, or add an ACE by using smbcacls
from the Solaris machine.
However, after doing so, when I check the permissions on the file
on the Win2K machine, then I get a message:

      The permissions on 'filename' are incorrectly ordered,
      which may cause some entries to be ineffective.
      Press OK to continue and sort the permissions correctly, or
      Cancel to reset the permissions.

Selecting OK shows the amended ACL - thus smbcacls is functioning
correctly, but is there any way to prevent the message from appearing?

thanks

Dave

--
David A. Crosta,   Software Engineer	| Enigma Data Systems Ltd
Email: dcrosta at enigmadata.co.uk		| Chelsea House, 8-14 The Broadway,