lsa_enum_trust_dom functionality\

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Wed Apr 17 00:31:03 GMT 2002

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:15:44AM +0200, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:

> > All the rpc client routines send the request and receive the reply,
> > returning any useful data to the caller.  If any subsequent calls are
> > required it's up to the caller to do this.
>
> Hmmm, you're right, but subsequent calls will be needed in 90% of
> cases. Enumeration of trusted domains is performed to get _full_ list of
> entries, mostly.

In the spoolss stuff you make a subsequent call 100% of the time.  (-:

It's more a matter of flexibility.  I'm trying to keep these libraries
as simple as possible by design.

> > For example the spoolss commands require a buffer size for the return
> > data.  The routines in cmd_spoolss.c re-call the cli_spoolss_* routines
> > as needed to complete the call.
>
> Is it the case when all the data is usually needed or you can be selective
> since it's enough to get just a fragment of all ?

Unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than that.  I don't think I'll
get it right if I try to explain it.  The entire buffer is always sent
across the wire, even in the request when it isn't actually needed
probably due to a bug in the IDL file.

Tim.