lsa_enum_trust_dom functionality

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
Wed Apr 17 00:17:04 GMT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Tim Potter wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 02:52:01PM +0200, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
>
> > proper args to continue or finish the enumeration. It may be annoying to
> > write such code in each place we use client side of enumeration, so I
> > propose to write a "higher level" function which could take care of doing
> > it properly so that we don't have to worry about details of this
> > process. Such function could be cli_lsa_enum_trust_domain or
> > cli_enum_trust_dom_2 or whatever. Doesn't really matter.
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> All the rpc client routines send the request and receive the reply,
> returning any useful data to the caller.  If any subsequent calls are
> required it's up to the caller to do this.

Hmmm, you're right, but subsequent calls will be needed in 90% of
cases. Enumeration of trusted domains is performed to get _full_ list of
entries, mostly.

> For example the spoolss commands require a buffer size for the return
> data.  The routines in cmd_spoolss.c re-call the cli_spoolss_* routines
> as needed to complete the call.

Is it the case when all the data is usually needed or you can be selective
since it's enough to get just a fragment of all ?

cheers,
|Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl>   |